Closed aluminised jacket
The aluminised three-quarter length jacket is 100% para-aramid Aramex material and offers excellent protection against convective heat, splashes and contact heat, in addition to offering low electrical conductivity and high chemical and cut resistance. The jacket closes in front using hook and eye claps and velcro; the neck is lined with leather and the cuffs can be adjusted using an interior elastic. It is a product that offers excellent protection of the upper part of the body.
Closed aluminised jacket
Aluminised Aratex three-quarter jacket is excellent protection for jobs such as smelting or pyrotechnics due to the following characteristics:
- 100% para-aramid (450 g/m2) Aratex fabric. Aratex is a fabric developed for protection against convective heat, metal splashes and contact heat, with low electrical conductivity and high chemical and cut resistance.
- Aratex has a dual mirror aluminised system, which offers a double layer of protection to the worker in the event of breakage or wear of the exterior layer.
- The adhesive used to join the aluminised layer and the base material (para-aramid) is made of silicone. Silicone prevents flames from spreading, does not emit gases if burned and is wonderfully resistant when in contact with hot metals.
- Soft and flexible fabric, providing greater comfort.
- Garments are light in order to ensure improved mobility.
- Three-quarter jacket can be closed in front using snaps and velcro. This type of closure not only helps with a good fit, but also with removing the garment even in times of low dexterity. (For example, when using aluminised gloves).
- The inside of the neck is lined with leather, a non-heat conductive and flame-retardant material that provides safety and comfort.
- The cuffs are adjustable using an interior elastic, which has a double function of improved fit and impenetrability by molten metal particles and heat.
- Four sizes available: S/M/L/XL
- Category 3 PPE.
- Marking as follows:
o Limited flame propagation: A1 (the surface can withstand a flame for 10 sec, and the post-combustion time is up to 2 sec.)
o Convective heat: B1 (heat flow range from 4 to 10 seconds, 80 Kw/m3)
o Radiant heat: C4 (heat flow range > 95 seconds at 20 Kw/m3)
o Molten aluminium splashes: D3 (molten aluminium splashes of more than 350 grams)
o Molten iron splashes: E3 (molten iron splashes of more than 200 grams)
o Contact heat: F2 (conductive heat transfer time from 10 to 15 seconds at 250ºC)
Due to the characteristics of the three-quarter jacket from the Aratex aluminised line, they are recommended for use in sectors such as: smelting, metal industries, pyrotechnics, ovens, cement works, steelworks.
|More information on the regulations